SAVE FERRIS
dont miss the next vuu gtg all v.a.g welcome

Project valver... Back on the case!

sam_16v
    bingo ball

Number of posts : 1554
    aka : downsy
    Registration date : 2007-03-19

Project valver... Back on the case! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project valver... Back on the case!

Post by sam_16v on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:04 am

small bumpers ftw
    Nick_mk2
    Nick_mk2
    super vuu

Number of posts : 577
    aka : Ken
    Registration date : 2007-04-13

Project valver... Back on the case! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project valver... Back on the case!

Post by Nick_mk2 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:30 pm

More plans in the pipeline, decided to stick with my trusty rorty valver.. the injection systems getting ditched, as is the pas.. Battery relocation, smooth the bay (not fully just a good de clutter), subframe/axle etc coming out. Gonna do it properly this time! Also got a few bits coming from the states but i'm not letting on what any of that is Cool

Have been thinking about getting a custom ally tank in the boot but i'm thinking it might upset the handling with the weight being sat further up! Just after a lockup with space and a bit of leccy (3 plugs, light, compressor and kettle point Razz )
    Nick_mk2
    Nick_mk2
    super vuu

Post by Nick_mk2 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Progress has been slow lately, sold my mk3 and concentrating my efforts on the valver, the bumpers have gone and i'm in the process of getting gti arches, bumpers and a grille back (89 small bumper spec). Hopefully got a nice set of wheels lined up and tonight i picked up a new engine, nothing wrong with my kr lump but thats coming out to be repacd with something with a bit more grunt!
    It looks a bit used in the pics, however its only done 1500 miles since rebuild and was then removed from my mates od 16v when he broke it.
    Project valver... Back on the case! - Page 3 Pbucket
    The engine spec is...
    Audi 6A block, all new shells, rings bearings etc, Knife edged balanced crank, ARP rod bolts, 1800 kr cylinder head/cams which has been polished and ported by Northallerton engineering and a few other dooberries.
    Plans for this while its out are... tidy it up cosmetically! Find some highler lift (but not stupid) cams, bin the crap oil cooler, fit a new waterpump, oil pump and cambelt/tensioner! Then the hunt is on for carbs.... do i go for twin 40 Dellortos or bike carbs....???????
    Geeman
    Geeman
    site modder

Number of posts : 5283
    aka : Giles
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

Post by Geeman on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Is this the engine that was for sale for £100 on Edition...? Sounded like a right bargain!

I know where there's a set of twin 40's on a manifold in Nottingham for £200 if you're interested... (I think it's 200 notes).

I'm holding out for bike carbs, but don't think I'll get a set till after Christmas the way things are going at the moment!

Good that you've picked up again on the Mk2 bud.

super vuu

Post by Nick_mk2 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Ooh i'm deffo interested in the carbs, they dellorto's or webers? What condition??? I wanty!! Yeah i had to pick up on the mk2, i love the thing ive just not had the money to spend on it but with recent events its all okay! The engine was advertised on demon, i noticed who was selling it and it was my mate Alex so i popped round and snapped his hand off!
    MkIISimon
    MkIISimon
    rockabilly vuu

Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by MkIISimon on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:24 am

Good work mate, sounds like it's going to be rapid once you get the engine built up and fitted. Keep it up.
    Geeman
    Geeman
    site modder

Number of posts : 5283
    aka : Giles
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

Post by Geeman on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:45 am

Demon... that's the one.

Looked like an absolute BARGAIN! Shame I wasn't any quicker.

Soon be twinnys! (I say soon, but yours will be up and running a lot sooner than mine!)

super vuu

Post by Nick_mk2 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 am

Soon lol, i'm planning on June the 1st to have it on the road! Theres a major re-plan going on! All new fuel and brake lines, better condition back axle, replacement subframe and arms, new non pas rack etc etc etc! Lots to do! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:07 am