SAVE FERRIS
dont miss the next vuu gtg all v.a.g welcome

Wheel Refurb - What do you think

Ninety
    Ninety
    part time vuu

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2007-03-22

Wheel Refurb - What do you think - Page 2 Empty Re: Wheel Refurb - What do you think

Post by Ninety on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:09 am

Nice job - liking the neon!

If you don't mind my asking, what lacquer did you use and how did it stand up when you got the tyres back on? I've just got to the priming stage now and am trying to decide where to go next...
    phorse86
    phorse86
    green user

Number of posts : 34
    aka : Horse
    Registration date : 2007-06-06

Wheel Refurb - What do you think - Page 2 Empty Re: Wheel Refurb - What do you think

Post by phorse86 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:56 am

to be honest this was just a cheap refurb, and didnt bother taking the tyres off, just went mad with the masking tape and covered the tyres. After priming i gave em another quick rub down and clean and applied a couple of coats matt silver paint. Let it dry and that was the result. Nothing professional, was just for fun really.

The only really advice i got from the paint shop was to make sure the paint you use is suitable for wheels/metal/alloy and dont use lacquer unless the paint states to or it may react
    Ninety
    Ninety
    part time vuu

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2007-03-22

Post by Ninety on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 am

In that case double-wow! If mine turn out anywhere near that good I'll be chuffed to bits!
    aaron_mk3
    aaron_mk3
    green user

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-04-04

Post by aaron_mk3 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:20 pm

i like em they look good, love the green lip

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:18 am