SAVE FERRIS
dont miss the next vuu gtg all v.a.g welcome

It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9

Ninety
    Ninety
    part time vuu

Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2007-03-22

It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Empty It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9

Post by Ninety on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:46 am

At last. Since I paid my deposit last week, I've barely slept I've been so excited. I was sorry to see the Lupo go, but it needed too much spending to get it up to A1 standard and, well, this came up:

It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Golf1te5.th

(Sorry about the poor image quality - it's on my phone and far too cold and early to stand outside trying to get the perfect shot!)

I spent yesterday mainly driving around with a big grin on my face. There's some tiny bits to sort (interior light bulbs and switches, bubbling centre caps etc), but generally it's in really good shape. I've only got steady plans for it at the moment - it's going to need new discs soonish, so I think I'll go down the 312 route (the current brake setup isn't the best), then some Eibach springs and I'm keeping my eyes open for any interesting 17s that come up - the Montreals on it are growing on me and I no longer feel a desperate need to get them out of my sight as quickly as possible! I was adamant that I wouldn't be remapping this one as well, but...

Last edited by Ninety on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    DanRVW
    DanRVW
    part time vuu

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Empty Re: It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9

Post by DanRVW on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Im really loving that colour! Looks really clean and tidy! What engine is it hiding?
    dsmithmobile
    dsmithmobile
    site modder

Number of posts : 2260
    aka : Dan
    Registration date : 2007-02-21

It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Empty Re: It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9

Post by dsmithmobile on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:56 am

Looks good Very Happy

MkIISimon
    MkIISimon
    rockabilly vuu

Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by MkIISimon on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:36 am

Liking the look of it mate. I always think the MkIV looks better in one of the more unusual colours simply because you still see so many off them around. This is a colour that you hardly ever see.
    sarah
    sarah
    mrs hardwork

Number of posts : 4089
    aka : mrs hardwork
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

Post by sarah on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:36 am

I like it, be good to see it modded
    Ninety
    Ninety
    part time vuu

Post by Ninety on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:10 am

It's hiding a 1.8T. I've been without a turbo for too long...

Thanks everyone! I reckon it's probably a 'Marmite' colour - luckily I love it (though I hate Marmite) and as Simon says it doesn't seem too common. My mate Matty used to have one in Tropical Orange, I wish he still had it so we could get some shots of them together - time for dark glasses.

I'm ringing round all the scrappies up here to try and source some TT/Octy VRS carriers then I'll be set to sort the brakes once the snow's gone...
    Ninety
    Ninety
    part time vuu

Post by Ninety on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:45 am

We've finally had a couple of decent days which have neatly coincided with the time between finishing my old job and starting my new one. A quick wash and polish today and we get this (the back bumper's clean now!):
    It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Golf2gz8.th
    It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Golf3ad3.th
    And on Friday, I had a delivery from Skospares. A quick trip to Euro Car Parts for some discs and I got busy straight away. After a slight false start (someone had been a hero with the airgun and the wheel bolts) I ended up with these:
    It's not easy being green...New pics 8/2/9 Afteres4.th
    Perhaps there's not much to see there, but if you hadn't guessed they're 312mm brakes - God knows why these weren't standard...easiest mod in the world though Very Happy
    Mods on hold for a couple of months as it's cam belt/service/MoT time, but hopefully it'll be dropped in time for summer.
    I'm starting to fall in love with the Montreals too - noticed they're pretty light when I got them off. Must do something about those centres now...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:37 am