VUU.CULT

SAVE FERRIS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VUU.CULT

SAVE FERRIS

VUU.CULT

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
dont miss the next vuu gtg all v.a.g welcome

3 posters

The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows

boothy
    boothy
    site modder

Number of posts : 1633
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows Empty The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows

Post by boothy Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:58 am

Hello!

I have in my possesion some very strong magnets. These magnets are easily strong enough to fasten pressed steel plates to your car, or plastic ones if you use 2 pairs:

If you have smoothed bodywork and no number plate recess, or you change/remove your plates for shows then this is the ideal solution.

By mounting 2 of these magnets behind your bumper plastic ('no nails' glue to fasten them) you can simply stick your pressed plates to the bumper when you need them, then at shows, just pull the plates away from your bumper to reveal your super smooth bodywork.

Alternatively, if you used plastic plates, simply connect two to the rear of your bumper, and another two to the back of your number plate using strong glue, or you could even 'tap and dye' them if you are up to it then screw your plastic plates to them.

if on the other hand you have older bumpers, i.e a mk1 or mk2 golf with the steel behind them then you have no issue with mouting magnets behind the bumper, you just need two attaching to your number plate.

these are very strong magnets and well up to the job, check the picture of one magnet, still in it's packaging holding a full tin of paint!!

The price:

£5 a pair including delivery

if you need 2 pairs for plastic plates etc then i will do them for £9 inc delivery.

These really are very strong and very expensive to buy.

i have around 13 pairs avaliable for sale.

i can accept paypal, direct bank transfer or cheques

please email me at joebooth17@hotmail.com to order, i may not check all the forums these are posted on at the same time and so one place to order seems fair

thanks for looking

joe

The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows Image000

The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows Image001
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Number of posts : 6293
    aka : Rev. work
    Registration date : 2007-02-14

The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows Empty Re: The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows

Post by Jezz Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Aluminium is not magnetic joe
    boothy
    boothy
    site modder

The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows Empty Re: The ultimate Number plate Solution, Ideal for shows

Post by boothy Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:09 pm

i know?

why are your plates alloy?

i was under the assumption that 'pressed steel plates' were, well, steel.
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Number of posts : 6293
    aka : Rev. work
    Registration date : 2007-02-14

Post by Jezz Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 pm

no pressed plates are all aluminium joe
    boothy
    boothy
    site modder

Post by boothy Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 pm

well that i didn't know, maybe i'm just stupid.

either way, these can still be used quite easily, 1 pair for steel framed bumpers or two pairs for non steel framed bumpers.
    Geeman
    Geeman
    site modder

Number of posts : 5283
    aka : Giles

Post by Geeman Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:50 pm

You could still use these though... just stick two magnets to your plates... and they will attract to the two you've placed behind your bumper... right?

Obviously, the magnetic field would have to be the right way round!
    boothy
    boothy
    site modder

Post by boothy Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:59 pm

yeah thats right gee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm