VUU.CULT

SAVE FERRIS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VUU.CULT

SAVE FERRIS

VUU.CULT

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
dont miss the next vuu gtg all v.a.g welcome

+24
Keppel
fleet.arosa
mrvrs
Rick_GEEEE
Ninety
dsmithmobile
Nomad
Craig
VUU CULT KARL
milko
Bluedub
sam_16v
Geeman
skastar
Deano
spen
manic_monkey
lupo
Nick_mk2
sarah
Loopy-Chi
Jezz
han
LacrOne
28 posters

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!!

J J

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!!

Post by J J Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:48 am

Hehe, good work Ian Smile
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2007-02-20

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!!

Post by skastar Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:53 am

i hope you mean the car..... grrr...... Smile
    J J

Post by J J Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:59 am

Smile
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Post by skastar Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:12 am

Hmmm, mes sensing u werent!
    Right, im going to set up my own thread, i have a large collection of ppics of lacrOne asleeping.
    Altho, that could provoke him...... hmmmm... wat t do??!!!!
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Post by skastar Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:13 am

Lacr is working on his car....AGAIN, hes been on the case all w/end! so no doubt he will have more pics for yall
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Number of posts : 484
    aka : the king of the pencil
    Registration date : 2007-02-18

Post by LacrOne Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:34 am

ok, this weekend i stripped out the back end, removed the bumper/lights etc......

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image755

then keyed and sprayed up the back end........

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image766
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image765
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image764

I cut off the passenger mirror and made a blank out of what was left....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image762
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image763

also had a little play about with what its going to look like with the wheels.....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image757
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image759
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image760
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 2 Image761

the paint im using is thin as sh*t.....
    can anyone recommend a thicker paint? at the minute im using hycote - and its wank.

cheers!
    sam_16v
    bingo ball

Number of posts : 1554
    aka : downsy
    Registration date : 2007-03-19

Post by sam_16v Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:29 pm

looking good dont know about paint, its almost as high as polo greames car when its jacked up!
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Number of posts : 6293
    aka : Rev. work
    Registration date : 2007-02-14

Post by Jezz Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:35 pm

looking good wheels need to stick out more

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:42 pm

sam_16v wrote:looking good dont know about paint, its almost as high as polo greames car when its jacked up!
    yer cheers for that!!!! will look so cool when its all done...lookin forward to the finished product! Very Happy
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:50 pm

so am i
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Post by skastar Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:27 am

SO AM I!
    sarah
    sarah
    mrs hardwork

Number of posts : 4089
    aka : mrs hardwork
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

Post by sarah Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 am

me too Cool
    Geeman
    Geeman
    site modder

Number of posts : 5283
    aka : Giles
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

Post by Geeman Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:49 am

et moi.

(that's French you know...)
    Bluedub
    Bluedub
    ra ra vuu

Number of posts : 348
    aka : Huddie - Nev
    Registration date : 2007-02-26

Post by Bluedub Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:55 am

I do to fo shizzle -I'm liking whatt I see so far!
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Post by skastar Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:44 am

ordering the suspention tonight!! woo hoo.
    60 - 80mm on the rear and somewhere around 70-80 on the front, depending on clearance with the wheels.

it will be show cased at dubs in the pub.
    hopefully will get a chance to start welding this weekend.
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:50 am

skastar wrote:ordering the suspention tonight!! woo hoo.
    60 - 80mm on the rear and somewhere around 70-80 on the front, depending on clearance with the wheels.

it will be show cased at dubs in the pub.
    hopefully will get a chance to start welding this weekend.

is that you ian lol!
    manic_monkey

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2007-04-24

Post by manic_monkey Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:13 am

LacrOne wrote:

the paint im using is thin as sh*t.....
    can anyone recommend a thicker paint? at the minute im using hycote - and its wank.

cheers!

you using normal color paint or primer? primer is normally a bit thicker. get some high build primer if you want really thick.
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:48 am

I think its matt black primer, not too sure. The only high build i can find is grey.
    that was me earlier.
    Whoops
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:51 am

hey we do it all the time

what you going to do with the wheels i think a good contrasting colour from the matt black would be nice my man
    milko
    milko
    ra ra vuu

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2007-03-09

Post by milko Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 pm

For Matt Black I use UPOL paint, its good s**t, you can buy it on ebay for like 3.50 a can....
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Post by skastar Tue May 01, 2007 7:41 am

Yeh, ordering the extremely magnificent paint of sprayness tonight, in doormatt black.
    i just cant sound like i know what im taliking about....

GO IAN GO IAN
    LACR.....................xxx
    hurry up and get dat car down done didit
    manic_monkey

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2007-04-24

Post by manic_monkey Sat May 05, 2007 1:06 pm

hey man, hows it going? I've been waiting for the next installment!! You been slacking?

oh, and i take it back about the loon being high mileage, i saw a VW on ebay with 260K on the clock.... Shocked looks like yours is still a baby Smile
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Sat May 05, 2007 2:48 pm

Next installment is coming! Sheet steel has been bought and cut to size. The welding starts tomorrow or monday-pics will be taken. Iv just got a single light grill for free today and sprayed it up right quick(runs everywhere! Lol). Suspention was ordered on friday and should be in some time the coming week. Iv found someone to face off my wheels for a crate of beer. All is coming together, but i am now skint for the month.
    Pics to follow.
    X
    VUU CULT KARL
    VUU CULT KARL
    super vuu

Number of posts : 727
    aka : norris lol
    Registration date : 2007-04-05

Post by VUU CULT KARL Sat May 05, 2007 2:55 pm

nice my friend, i have a blue one sat in my garage bear shell and all parts just need sum cash.Smile
    VUU CULT KARL
    VUU CULT KARL
    super vuu

Number of posts : 727
    aka : norris lol
    Registration date : 2007-04-05

Post by VUU CULT KARL Sat May 05, 2007 2:55 pm

nice my friend, i have a bear sat in my garage Very Happy:scratch:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 am