VUU.CULT

SAVE FERRIS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VUU.CULT

SAVE FERRIS

VUU.CULT

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
dont miss the next vuu gtg all v.a.g welcome

+24
Keppel
fleet.arosa
mrvrs
Rick_GEEEE
Ninety
dsmithmobile
Nomad
Craig
VUU CULT KARL
milko
Bluedub
sam_16v
Geeman
skastar
Deano
spen
manic_monkey
lupo
Nick_mk2
sarah
Loopy-Chi
Jezz
han
LacrOne
28 posters

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!!

LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Number of posts : 484
    aka : the king of the pencil
    Registration date : 2007-02-18

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!!

Post by LacrOne Sat May 05, 2007 4:19 pm

I also found 3 16valve engines today. I can have all 3, gearbox and harness etc for 450 quid! Transplant later this year me thinks!
    Tony is having 1 so there will be one for sale too. Not till next month mind.
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!!

Post by LacrOne Mon May 07, 2007 3:11 pm

ok, today i finished off the wing mirror blank....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image787
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image789

got round my bum loving spanner monkey and set him to work welding the back flush. I threw coins at him as he danced.....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image774
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image775
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image778

once the old bumper mounts were off i made him set about welding the sheet on - by threatening him with a rusty biro.....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image780
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image781
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image782

it wasn't sitting right so i greased him down once more and we cut it down the middle....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image791

finally, after about 6 hours it was just about ready to be left for the night....

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image792
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image793

two glasses of Buckfast to celebrate and we were done for the night.

more to come!!!
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Mon May 07, 2007 3:16 pm

I LOVE YOU GAV XXX
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Number of posts : 6293
    aka : Rev. work
    Registration date : 2007-02-14

Post by Jezz Mon May 07, 2007 3:18 pm

i love him too good work so far

you leving the weld showing Twisted Evil
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Mon May 07, 2007 3:21 pm

no, need to feck the neighbours off some more tomorrow by grinding them back
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Mon May 07, 2007 3:22 pm

leave um even more rat out lac
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Mon May 07, 2007 3:30 pm

i have a plan for it, but the seam needs to be out for it to work
    im not going to announce it but hopefully it should be ready soon.
    Deano
    Deano
    site modder

Number of posts : 898
    Registration date : 2007-02-15

Post by Deano Tue May 08, 2007 11:04 am

How much do you charge that bloke to live in your boot and does he have to pay council tax. lol!
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Wed May 30, 2007 2:59 pm

Jez, need stickers asap for dubs in the pub. Will happily pay you at inters if you can wait. If not il post it up to you.

next week the wheels go on, its being lowered on friday.
    Lots of pics to follow!!!
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Wed May 30, 2007 3:11 pm

LacrOne wrote:Jez, need stickers asap for dubs in the pub. Will happily pay you at inters if you can wait. If not il post it up to you.

next week the wheels go on, its being lowered on friday.
    Lots of pics to follow!!!

pm your address and ill post you two
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:48 pm

been a while since i posted any real progress but now im ready to unveil it at its first stage of readyness....

il try not make this too wordy so il let the pics speak for themselfs...

ok, here we go....

stripped the front end down ready to paint, grinded off the underseal round the sides. i really hate underseal....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image925
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image926

grinded the welds back from the rear...
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Photo-0620

played about with some badge ideas for a bit...
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image939

the horrible job of filling began.....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image954
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1007

painted the rear , befor i did a cut out an iron cross in vynal and stuck it on the bear metal so i could remove it late to reveal bare metal which will then rust the cross in....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image959
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1003

front finished, indicators hidden behind the grill but i am still to cut holes in so they show through...
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1000

roof sanded and good to go...
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image982

front end lowered, shortly follewed by the rear....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image999

'borrowed' mk1 gti steering wheel and furry dice...
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1002

deleated the drivers wing mirror and replaced it with a completely useless peep mirror....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1001

got some tires for my little wheels....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1015

started a collection of stickers....
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1028

ok.....

now for the big reveal.......
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1023
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1025
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1024
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1026
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1027

having a slight 'issue' with the rear wheels hitting the arches over bumps, but other than that im very happy with it so far,
    got an ored from mooneyes on its way over from the states and i still have a huge list of things i want to do.
    but im happy enough to go to the shows as it stands....

so then, what you all think to project loon so far???

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:53 pm

i dont need to tell you what i think you already know Twisted Evil
    you booked your tickets for inters yet my man
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:55 pm

having a cash flow crisis, hopefully will be able to do it online on sunday, if not il have to wait till nearer the time and just go in the normal parking areas. fingers crossed i can do it in time tho...!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:13 pm

You got enough cars? needs to go lower at the front i think Razz
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:18 pm

only way i can lower the front is to get some lowering top mounts, other than that its fork out 500quid just to send off the front shocks an get them converted into coils - and feck that!!!
    sarah
    sarah
    mrs hardwork

Number of posts : 4089
    aka : mrs hardwork

Post by sarah Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:35 am

lokks stunning that ian, you've done a top job can't wait to see it in the metal at inters Twisted Evil
    skastar
    skastar
    green user

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2007-02-20

Post by skastar Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:17 am

hes a clever boy, its ace, soo proud of u babe
    Geeman
    Geeman
    site modder

Number of posts : 5283
    aka : Giles

Post by Geeman Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:31 am

Wicked Ian... well done!

It looks great. Proper Cult material!

Let's hope you don't get pulled for the front wheels sticking out too far!
    Craig
    Craig
    ra ra vuu

Number of posts : 448
    aka : Jock
    Registration date : 2007-04-24

Post by Craig Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:24 am

lookin good.
    LacrOne
    LacrOne
    graff king

Post by LacrOne Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:33 am

im well chuffed:

Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image710
    Project Loon - load of pics, the finish line is in sight!!! - Page 3 Image1023

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:26 am

MINT Very Happy
    Nomad
    Nomad
    part time vuu

Number of posts : 171

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:31 am

Thats hard, lovin the slots especially.
    Jezz
    Jezz
    Admin

Post by Jezz Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 am

you have the front badge on upside down graff Twisted Evil
    get it concept
    dsmithmobile
    dsmithmobile
    site modder

Number of posts : 2260
    aka : Dan
    Registration date : 2007-02-21

Post by dsmithmobile Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:18 am

Looking cool chief,good work
    spen
    spen
    site modder

Number of posts : 373
    aka : mr detail
    Registration date : 2007-02-16

Post by spen Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:44 am

Loon looks cool .Love the slots.Put xtra piece of bumpstop on the rears, also G40 bumpstops are a lot firmer so theyre an alternative, as for coilys, make your own.Ive just done mine for my loon.Get the threads from Burton power.Its a big saving i tell thee Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 pm